Dr Kalim Siddiqui was a prolific writer. A selection of his writings is given below. More will be added in due course, therefore please check back later.
Please note that some of these papers are published as PDF files. These will automatically open in most browsers, or can be downloaded and opened using Adobe Acrobat or another PDF reader.
- Eid Milad un-Nabi Address, London, 1958
- Writings on Pakistan 1971-72
- Conflict, Crisis and War in Pakistan (1972)
- Functions of International Conflict: A Socio-economic Study of Pakistan (1975)
B. The 1970s: The early years of the Muslim Institute
- Towards a New Destiny (1973)
- The Draft Prospectus of the Muslim Institute (1974),
The Draft Prospectus of the Muslim Institute was written by Kalim Siddiqui but authored by the Preparatory Committee of the Muslim Institute. For an account of its origins and a discussion of its significance, see Zafar Bangash, In Pursuit of the Power of Islam: the Life and Work of Kalim Siddiqui (1996), pp. 7-10.
- The Islamic movement: a systems approach (1976)
- Beyond the Muslim nation-states (1977)
C. The 1980s: Islamic Iran and the global Islamic movement
- The Islamic Revolution: achievements, obstacles and goals (1980)
- The state of the Muslim world today (1980)
- The Islamic movement: setting out to change the world again (1982)
This was written as the introduction to Issues in the Islamic movement 1980-81 (London: The Open Press, 1982), the first compilation of articles from Crescent International. In it Dr Kalim lays out his understanding of the nature and impact of the Islamic Revolution in Iran in terms of world history.
- Integration and disintegration in the politics of Islam and kufr (1983)
- The struggle for the supremacy of Islam – some critical dimensions (1983)
- Primary goals and achievements of the Islamic Revolution in Iran (1984)
- Nation-States as obstacles to the total transformation of the Ummah (1985)
- Muslim political thought and behaviour under colonialism (1986)
- Processes of Error, Deviation, Correction and Convergence in Muslim Political Thought (1989)
This is one of Dr Kalim’s key papers. In it he argues that the developments of both the Sunni and Shi’i understandings of politics were based on historical errors and deviation, and that Imam Khomeini’s ijtihad on Valiyat-e Faqih has begun a process of correction and convergence towards the real meaning of khilafah.
D. The 1990s(i): Muslims in Britain and the Muslim Parliament
- Generating ‘power’ without politics: the future of Muslims in Britain (1990)
Speech by Dr Kalim Siddiqui at the Muslim Institute conference on ‘The Future of Muslims in Britain’, London, 14 July 1990.
- The Muslim Parliament of Great Britain: political innovation and adaptation (1992)
Leader’s Address by Dr. Kalim Siddiqui at the Inauguration of the Muslim Parliament of Great Britain, London, 4 January 1992.
E. The 1990s(ii): Looking back and looking forward
- The global Islamic movement: outline of a grand strategy (1992)
- The Seerah: a power perspective (1996)
- Stages of Islamic Revolution (1996)
This was Dr Kalim Siddiqui’s final work, published just day’s before his death. The file provided here is a scanned PDF of the first edition.